Preparing for Your Testing Appointment
A neuropsychological test is a comprehensive evaluation of a patient’s brain activity, skill and function. The test may take anywhere from 3 to 6 hours and we patients consider the following prior to testing:
- Get a good night’s sleep prior to your testing day. Testing can take anywhere from 3-6 hours and your brain performs its best when you are well rested
- Eat a good breakfast and bring bottled water and/or snacks to your appointment. Testing can feel like a long process and so access to food/water will keep you energized and focused throughout the evaluation.
- Bring a list of current medications to your appointment
- Tell the clinical team about any previous psychological tests you’ve taken
- Relax! Throughout testing, there will be breaks for you to relax and rest