As a certified, fellowship trained Neuropsychologist, Dr. Burkill provides expert Neuropsychological Evaluation services to patients across South Carolina.
Neuropsychological evaluations can be ordered for a number of reasons, but are most commonly used to quantitatively evaluate cognitive abilities such as IQ, learning/memory recall, language, attention, executive functioning, and spatial reasoning skills.
Common reasons for a patient to undergo a Neuropsychological Evaluation include:
- Memory loss, dementia and/or neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease
- Possible ADHD
- Cognitive functioning and ability after stroke, concussion, epilepsy or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cognitive functioning in the context of neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Psychological trauma
Due to their complexity, Neuropsychological Evaluations typically require several appointments. These appointments may include:
- An initial intake interview between the patient and Neuropsychologist to review the specific areas of concern. Initial visits also include a thorough review of personal and medical history
- Evaluative appointment where testing, assessments and questionnaires are completed by the patient. These evaluations and typically administered by Neuropsychologists and/or Psychometrists
- Final appointment that includes evaluation results, diagnostic impressions, recommendations to support functioning and any potential referrals
Fax Referral to 843-818-1145